This is just a sneak peek of 2021 events. Things are subjected to change or to be added.
Flyers For Each Event
Winter Festival 2021
Winter Fest Details
Cedar Shores Winterfest January 30, 2021
Schedule for the day
11:00am Bonfire Starts!
Our Park Manager, Wally will start the bonfire back where the brush pile is.
1:00pm Snowman Building
Get your supplies, your teams of 3-4 people/children ready and head over to the field by the bridge/pond to build the best snowman ever. Your team will have 1 hour to create and build the best snowman. Judging and prizes will follow directly after building is complete. See rules and guidelines
2:00pm Start bringing your potluck dishes to the Rec Hall.
Please try to bring dishes that are disposable or that you will take home to wash. We have no water to wash them at the rec hall. Also, please bring anything that will be needed for your dish to stay out for a while. This will allow everyone an opportunity to get food and eat in shifts so we do not have everyone in the rec hall at once. Please remember to allow 6 feet of spacing between you and another person. Masks are strongly encouraged until you sit down to eat.
3:00pm-5:00pm Dinner Starts!
The Recreation Committee of Cedar Shores will be providing hot dogs with all the fixins. Please try not to gather all at once. We will allow everyone time to get something to eat. We will have a few tables and chairs available inside for eating. They will be spaced 6 feet apart. Again masks are encouraged until you sit down to eat.
Throughout the day
Wally and his family have been preparing the pond for ice skating and a super fun for all ages sledding hill. Bring your sleds, tubes and ice skates.
In the rec. hall, there will be a limited supply “Adult Cocoa Bombs” (Must be 21 or older) (Thank you Angela Wilson, lot 314) There will also be regular hot chocolate in the rec hall as well
Snowman Building Contest Rules and General Guidelines
1. Teams of 3-4 people/children.
2. Report to the field by the bridge/pond by 1:00 pm.
3. Your team will have one hour to create their best snowman ever.
4. Please make them appropriate for public display.
5. You may use any props or accessories to add to your snowman.
6. Participants are encouraged to add their own creative touches that will make their snowman unique. It does not need to be a traditional snowman. Build an animal, a sculpture or your favorite movie character. It’s all up to you!
7. Prizes for 1st. 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded. (Thank you Lisa Bragg, lot 183, for making them)
8. Winners will be announced at dinner and pictured on the Cedar Website and Facebook page.
Good luck and let’s have some fun!
Please RSVP on the Cedar Shores website so that we know how many to prepare for. Thanks